An album by the Argentine musician Dino Saluzzi inspired the name of this stainless-steel bicycle. Dario Pegoretti takes a full day to apply the Ciavete design, which is based on whatever he feels like painting; no two are alike. Early examples were influenced by the artists Emilio Vedova and Jean-Michel Basquiat.
After a lengthy collaboration with Columbus, Dario began production of the Responsorium. Handcrafted from custom drawn Columbus stainless XCr tubesets, the first thing you will notice is the comfort of the ride. XCr is 20% stronger than Columbus Niobium Spirit which means that Dario can use a thinner walled tube with more substantial butting. Coupled with 16mm chainstays (2mm smaller than the Marcelo) the Responsorium is the lightest (100g less than the Marcelo) and most comfortable frame in the Pegoretti line.
The 55cm frame comes in at a respectable 1678g and the Falz fork at 425g. Each frame comes with a Falz fork and Chris King D11 headset. The Responsorium takes a 31.6 mm seatpost and a 32mm front derailleur clamp. As with all Pegorettis it has an Italian threaded bottom bracket. Because XCr is being run exclusively for Pegoretti it will remain in short supply, if you can't find what you are looking for in existing inventories, we suggest you order now. Lead times are over six months and there is little or no chance your dream frame will "just show up".
RESPONSORIUM FRAMESET FEATURES
- - OverSized Columbus XCr Stainless Steel Tubing
- - Machined stainless steel dropouts
- - Handmade in Italy
- - Constant diameter oversized seat stays
- - 16mm, oversized seat stays
- - 31.6 seatpost (prior to 2012, 30.0)
- - Braze on front derailleur. (prior to 2012, 32mm)
- - 260lb (120kg) weight limit, 180lb for pre-2012 models
- - Italian threaded bottom bracket
- - Pegoretti Falz Full carbon Fork and Chris King D11 Headset
- - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Dino Saluzzi: A short portrait
|Size||Top Tube||Setback||Seat Angle||Head Angle||Headtube*||Chainstay|
*Stack height of a Chris King No Tread Set in 1-1/8" is 3.14cm (top and bottom together)