At the helm of taking traction, stability, speed, and stiffness to new heights stands the Roval Traverse Fattie 38 650b wheels with 110mm front and 148mm rear hub spacing. And while their Boost-spacing axle widths give the frame and fork clearance and stiffness that results in a stiffer, stronger, and more durable system at a minor weight penalty, what turns them into descending machines is the 38mm internal rim width.
The reason behind this is relatively simple: aside from the lightweight, ultra-rugged E5 alloy construction, the combination of the revolutionary width with wider hub flanges equates to an increase in plus-sized tire volume for more suppleness in the ride quality. Not only this, but the ample width also better supports the tire, meaning that you'll experience less "burping" when riding tubeless, as well as a drastic increase in traction.
These aren't just a one-trick pony, however. At the front hub, you'll get a 15x110mm thru-axle (end cap options included), and at the rear, the 148mm hub features DT Swiss internals for lightning-fast engagement and acceleration. And to top everything off, these wheels are hand-built to ensure the perfect tension and a long lifespan.
Whether you have just picked up a new plus-sized 650b bike, or you're curious to try out three-inch tires on your Boost- spaced 29er, the Traverse 38 Fattie 650b wheels will leave you impressed after the first spin.
- Rim Type: Alloy clincher, Zero Bead Hook design, 2Bliss Ready
- Rim Material: E5 high-strength alloy
- Rim Width: 38mm internal
- Front Spoke Pattern: Radial/Three-cross (2:1)
- Rear Spoke Pattern: Three-cross (1:1)
- Spoke Count: 24-hole Front, 28-hole Rear
- Spoke Type: DT Swiss Revolution
- Nipple Type: DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal
- Front Hub: alloy body, 15x110mm thru-axle only—15mm end caps included
- Rear Hub: CNC-machined alloy body, high-quality DT 360 internals, includes SRAM XX1 11-speed freehub and 148 end caps
- Compatible with Shimano 10- and 11-speed freehub bodies—sold separately.
- Bearing Type: Sealed cartridge
- Assembly Method: Hand-built
- Total Wheelset Weight: 1870g
- No rider weight limit.
|Rim Material||E5 high-strength alloy|
|Rim Width||38mm internal|
Front: alloy body, 15x110mm thru-axle
Rear: CNC-machined alloy body, high-quality DT 360 internals, includes SRAM XX1 11-speed freehub and 148 end caps
|Spokes (Front/Rear)||DT Swiss Revolution|
|Nipples||DT Swiss Pro Lock hexagonal|
Front: 15x110mm thru-axle
|Weight (Front/Rear)||1,870 grams|
|Cassette Compatibility||Shimano 10- and 11-speed freehub bodies|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Charcoal Decal / 650B||888818293629||30118-6327|