The Zegho's are nothing less than the redefinition of cycling-specific high performance eyeProtection, produced in an exclusive joint engineering venture between Assos Centro Studio and Carl Zeiss Vision.
Does the world need more eyewear? Probably not. But we — racing-oriented high performance cyclists — do. The ASSOS Werksmannschaft (their in-house product development team), feels that the currently available generic sports glasses could be improved to meet the specific demands of cycling. But why does Assos bother?
Assos is not an eyewear company. Assos is acycling body R&D + refinement laboratory. At Assos they understand cycling and focus exclusively on cycling. They do not produce multi-sports items, nor do they engineer their products for use in other sports. And they never give in to the temptation of increasing sales by broadening their focus.
It is this “exclude-all-other-uses” engineering approach that Assos applied when they started to develop the first cycling-specific high performance eyeProtection four years ago. It was clear to Assos that they must explore new paths and join forces with the best in class to accomplish what they set out to do.
Zegho is the combined effort of nine European specialty eyewear makers, each providing a specifically designed component, each manufactured following strict quality guidelines, and all orchestrated by ASSOS Centro Studio and its two dedicated eyewear development engineers.
- Carl Zeiss Tunnel View lens technology, custom made for Zegho. Patent pending
- 180 degree field of view
- Assos zOd.Tec zero optical distortion, certified optical class 1:superior
- Weight 27.5 grams
- clickFace technology. Proadaptive skinTouch material ensures a stable fit, minimizing movement under seaty, shock-filled conditons
- ZeroPressure technologhy: adaptive, ultraflex composite frame, mathematically designed to calibrate the perfect ratio of material to shape
- 100% UV protection
- Precisision made by hadn, by dedicated eyewear specialists, one by one, in limited numbers
ZEGHO is eyeProtection equipment created by ASSOS Centro Studio and its friends at Carl Zeiss Vision. Zegho feels different than any other sunglasses you have ever put on your face. Riding with Zegho, you feel that it is engineered to be your ideal high performance cycling companion.
Only one question remains: Do you wear your Zegho over or under your helmet strap? There are two philosophies:
- One: Over the strap. In case of a crash, they are free to come loose, reducing the risk of a hinge breaking on impact and hurting your face.
- Two: Under the strap. The majority of the ASSOS Werksmannschaft (in this case the Assos factory team) chooses this option. In case of a crash, it helps keep your eye protection in place, possibly reducing the risk of eye injury.
Zegho is the ultimate high performance cycling-specific eye protection. Unfortunately, Assos requires that we must inf